- 36 - 40 uur
- 80.000 - 95.000 EUR
Senior Accounting Manager
Our client is a leader in its field and their Headquarters are based in the centre of Amsterdam. The organization has grown its activities substantially over the last years both organically as well as through acquisitions. Their focus on renewables and trading has led to a setup of a successful branch which needs more structure, planning and forecasting as well as performance management. The total revenue scope is about 600 MEUR. Their team in Amsterdam is expanding rapidly and at the production sites you will also have colleagues who take care of daily processing of accounting and CAPEX control.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious, eager and pragmatic professional with at least 7 years experience in the field of financial accounting and who also has relevant managerial experience. Due to the nature of their business it is highly appreciated if you have experience in the industries of energy or commodity trading, but sound technical accounting knowledge is the key area of course. Furthermore it is required that you already live in the Netherlands and have valid working papers in place.
You will be responsible for managing all accounting and financial transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and ensuring the accuracy of physical inventory. You take care of timely accurate and complete monthly accounting & reporting of two large entities. You will manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation monthly, quarterly and annually. Every day you see opportunity to improve things and you keep track of ongoing developments on accounting policies and procedures. Also internal control procedures surrounding financial close are part of your scope.
- Prepares analysis on monthly results and prepares annual budget and the audited annual report inclusive of the notes to the financial statements. Analyse actual to budget and forecast variances;
- Ensure the general ledger and financial statements are in compliance with all IFRS requirements;
- Pro-actively initiates and structures accounting & reporting improvement processes and business practices (e.g. fast closing, intercompany reconciliation processes, invoice processing, account reconciliations, working capital management and cash collection);
- Monitors and ensures correct intercompany invoicing, cost allocations
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders;
- Work with Audit, Tax and Treasury Manager to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through annual report;
- Contribute to internal and external audits.
You have the following characteristics:
- University degree in economics, RA/ACCA/CPA/CA degree is highly preferred
- At least 7-10 years of experience in technical accounting or related field
- "First time right mentality", "willing to go the extra mile", ambitious and accurate
- Excellent command of IT tools. Tools used for this job may include SAP, Hyperion, Excel
Additonal Info / Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range 75-85K + bonus opportunity 15-20% + a fixed 20% of your annual base salary to spend on pension or other interests.
If you react to this vacancy and not get a response from us within 5 working days, we have not selected you for a first selection interview. In case you want additional info, please feel free to contact us by mail or phone!