- 36 - 40 uur
- 80.000 - 95.000 EUR
Senior Business Controller (vervuld door IMPACTSEARCH per 1/6/2021)
Our client is a leader in its field and resides in Amsterdam. The organization has grown its activities substantially over the last years both organically as well as through acquisitions. Their focus on renewables and trading has led to a setup of a successful branch which needs more structure, planning and forecasting as well as performance management. The total revenue scope is about 600 MEUR. and will grow rapidly over the next few years.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious, eager and pragmatic professional with at least 8 years experience in the field of business controlling. Due to the nature of their business it is highly appreciated if you have experience in the industries of energy or commodity trading.
You live in the Amsterdam area and hold a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
Currently the new team is setup and they want to strengthen the finance organisation. The reporting and Control activities need further development and someone who brings a hands-on approach combined with highly analytical skills. The role is explicitly senior level/hands-on and not managerial! You will manage diverse projects in supporting performance management.
As the Senior Business controller you will be working in a fast-growing, international and demanding organization. You will be responsible for setting up the controlling department for the division in Europe and will work closely together with the commercial, logistic and accounts team. The Senior Business controller will report to the Finance Director Europe and will be a major sparring partner towards Senior Management of the Group and group Finance Department.
The ideal candidate holds a master degree in finance, has minimum of 8+ years working experience and is an entrepreneurial professional with the right energy to get things done.
- Sparring partner towards Commercial Team of the European division and group Finance
- Set-up of business control function for the new sales entities based in the Netherlands
- Perform together with accounting team the monthly financial close by delivering P&L and Balance sheet and supplemental reporting compliant with IFRS and in the set timeline.
- Preparation and review of routine management reporting, variance analysis and ad hoc analysis
- Prepare liquidity forecast reports / Cash management:
- Supporting the (Commercial) management team to develop long-term commercial plans
- Drives development of content and executive prep materials for high priority briefings and up-dates for various executive and management meetings ensuring timeliness, consistent messaging, accuracy, and quality;
- Constantly invest in further improving processes and building a future-proof finance and reporting structure;
- External/internal audit processes support.
You have the following characteristics:
- University degree, CFA, MBA, RC or similar
- At least 8 years experience in control
- Mature, high energy profile, result oriented, calm under pressure, not easily distracted
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- "First time right mentality", "willing to go the extra mile", ambitious and accurate
- Excellent command of IT tools.Tools used for job may include, SAP, Right Angle, HFM, Smart view, Board.com Excel and other and reporting tools.
Additonal Info / Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range 80-90K + bonus opportunity + 20% free budget of your annual salary
If you react to this vacancy and not get a response from us within 5 working days, we have not selected you for a first selection interview. In case you want additional info, please feel free to contact us by mail or phone!